Monday, May 16, 2011

"Egg Drop Challenge - Iteration #1"

Total # of achievements:




Achievements:


Brainstorm:






























Materials:


- Cardboard box

- Newspaper









Material size:


- My materials fit inside a cardboard box






Material weight:

- Weights more than 600 g






Drop Achievements:

I hit the bullseye









Egg Resiliance:

- My egg cracked but the yolk remained intact



- My egg cracked but was still together





Actual design:

































Since I didn't have enough time to brainstorm, I picked the easiest & most cheapest way. I got a box from home and lightly stuffed it with newspapers, making sure that each newspaper wasn't tightly crumpled. Unfortunately it didn't work.




The designs that were the best had mostly styrophone or popcorn and parachutes. If I could redo my design, I would put my egg wrapped in cotton balls in styrophone with a parachute on top.

1 comment: